Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Relativity of Simultaneity

"I always knew looking back on my tears would bring me laughter, but I never knew looking back on my laughter would make me cry."
— Cat Stevens

I currently have the second most popular story from the last month on onesentence.org. However, without ill will, I still voted up the most popular. I've been thinking a lot about time. How according to the concept of relativity of simultaneity, things in different places cannot never occur definitively at the same time. Even so, we're all dying at exactly the same rate, some of us are just closer to the end.

Today, the English prompt was, "If you could forget any moment from high school, which would it be?" I spoke an exact date, but would not inform the class what happened. It gave me an air of mystery, but I didn't mean it. I hope I will not forget the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So We'll Go No More A Roving
George Gordon, Lord Byron

So, we'll go no more a roving
So late into the night,
Though the heart be still as loving,
And the moon be still as bright.
For the sword outwears its sheath,
And the soul wears out the breast,
And the heart must pause to breathe,
And love itself have rest.
Though the night was made for loving,
And the day returns too soon,
Yet we'll go no more a roving
By the light of the moon.

goobaloo said...

God, I love the last four lines. I put them on my "quotes shoe."