Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Night Inimitable

Last night was one of those nights where I even realized during the night that I was with people I love on a night inimitable. Around 10, I didn't have anything to do, so I texted up some friends to see what's going down. Jake was hanging with Kevin and invited me over, so I got my snow stuff on and headed over. It was perfect packing snow and falling in gorgeous sheets (eventually 15 inches), so we decided to venture on out into the night for fun. We stopped back at my building so Jake could get snow clothes, and on our way out to go to Bubba's, we stopped for a minute to throw snowballs at the kids in the courtyard and each other. During that minute delay, our home was invaded by a mob from another building, and we spent an exhausting quarter hour or so repelling the invasion after they stormed the gates with snowballs high. I made a kamikaze mission and got out relatively unscathed, and my friends also fought valiantly, but not everyone was so honorable (that's a joke because they're in the honors building). In the parking area, I caught my friends with some pretty good snowballs before Jake tackled me to the snow, and I bear wrestled him into a snow beard. Eventually, we got past that to made enormous effing snowmen in a Rite-Aid parking lot (I highly recommend you find that video). They were holding hands and had hats and tons of little babies and a kitten. We were still there when the plow came to destroy their beautiful world, so humorously I threw myself in front of the dozer. We managed to save two of their babies, entrusting one to a snowperson in the area. The other is in my freezer. I think when I threw myself in front of the plow is when I lost my phone and cards. We also busied around all over campus until cops told us to go home, at which point we retreated for hot chocolate, a dryer for our clothes, and Smash Bros Brawl.

No comments: