Friday, March 11, 2011

The King of Kings

...one Elvis impersonator to rule them all.

I like the old songs where your pretense is adorable for its innocence.

I'm pretty and going to Italy and PMSing and interesting and good with strangers and sometimes a little shy but otherwise really loud and I smile a lot and I know some things and I know there's a lot more to know and that I'm young and that I haven't done anything relative to what I can and there's so much I don't know about myself for being so assured of who I am and want to be and if it came down to flight vs. invisibility I'd fly and if it came down to going or staying in I'd go and that's why I have to leave and I try something normal and let go and let go and let go and, and, grow, because that's the most important. But it still sucks sometimes, 'cuz this time it's real.


I wonder how many inside jokes Randall Munroe has referenced in order to make his friends feel special that he specifically alluded to them in his internationally read comic.

No comments: