Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What do I like?

I have flaunted my lack of passion and ambition in this world to those who would be disappointed to hear it. Lazy simplicity brings a warm, sleepy contentment that dwells for hours, and companionship the pleasure of forgetting everything beyond the simply lazy. If those are things that bring me happiness, how can I possibly earn a living from that? I have no pride in my achievements. The barely recent accomplishments which I hold most dear are the placement of HERSHEY on the snowy banks of GV, taking third highest scoring individual in Villanova Quizbowl, and being called the poster child for mallet percussion by an instructor from a school even ours can deem sub-par. I dream of distance and escaping the fate that everything here must come to an end, whether or not before its time. Perhaps at college I will find my calling. Maybe I will discover it was not college actually calling. My parents continually express distaste at my potential life choices. Cultural history appeals to me, but daily practicing it in any form of income earning profession would bore. Psychology and the mysterious origin of mind has perplexed me beyond any other subject, but I am disgusted by people. Sex counselor hasn't been brought up. But if I do wind up becoming a stripper and living in a van, I hope that van will have enough gas to get me close to finding something I want.

"But in the hereness of dusk I am moving toward the doomlike bells through the flowered air, beneath the rising moon."

No comments: