Thursday, July 2, 2009

Very Muddled, Not Very Enjoyable Game

I play this new game with my iPod. I start on any song I want to hear, for example, Daughter, by Pearl Jam. I am very meticulous about having all of the correct information on my iPod, so it will also display the genre, Rock, the album, Vs., and maybe the composer. Then, I get it in my little head, that for whatever reason, I want to hear a particular song next, such as anything by Bright Eyes. Now, the band has published many albums, and is always of the genre "Alternative & Punk" or "Indie."

The game I try to play is, by the end of the first song, figure out what letters only those two songs or artists have in common. For example, to win this game, I eliminated all songs that did not have "ght" in them. That narrowed it to 70 out of 500 on the playlist I was on. Then I went for "ea," because of the Bright Eyes album which has the word "ear" in it, which made the count 7. Then I specificed to "ear." Then I added a D. Then a period. Then it was only two Bright Eyes songs and Daughter. Sometimes it is very hard.

No comments: