Wednesday, November 11, 2009

News and Notes

Today in math, I was writing a letter to myself to organize my thoughts. I'm nearly always writing or thinking about what to write. It was a free day, as our midterm is tomorrow, and Lauren asked me to write a letter to her instead of to myself. It is very difficult to write a letter to someone you barely know, except to express admiration or curiosity at their lifestyle. Despite this, I am an experienced letter-writer, and half the appeal is simply looking at cursive. I'm fairly certain I am the first person in the English language to conceive the phrase "boysenberry razzmatazz," but she giggled all through the letter and was appreciativ, saying she'll work on a response. I spend a great deal of energy in writing an engaging, personal, and sincere letter no matter who it is to. There are five classes of people I send letters to: friends, family, boys I have crushes on, acquaintances, and celebrities I am a fan of. This summarizes to people I adore and people I don't know very well.

Facts about Letter Writing:
Anna asked for a letter, and I have been under obligation to write a post-card response for a week or two.

The last two letters I've sent out via the post were ill-advised, even if one is still in transit.

Stamps are annoying, and I feel I should be personally excused because I'm one of possibly three minors who uses the USPS for letters that are not addressed to Santa.

No comments: