Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Quotes and Blurb

the song that I sing was not generated from within me

For the first time the sun kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance I cried, "Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks."
Thus I became a madman

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.

There must be something strangely sacred about salt. It is in our tears and in the sea.

our hand shall hold neither sword nor sceptre

And then He walked away.
But no other man ever walked the way He walked.

And their music smote heaven and earth

Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.

Children of Gods, Scions of Apes

"Be clean in body and spirit even if you have nowhere to lay your head."

Body Worlds was informative. I read every single place card and handled the siliconned liver and was the last one out of the exhibit. The only thing that perturbed me was the polycystic kidney. I bought a loaf of bread and a couple smiles from a memory in the Redding Terminal Market.

No comments: