Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday through Sunday, Monday

"Maybe I'll love you one day
Maybe we'll someday grow..."

I recognize that my "love" is pathetically incomplete. I'm curious when and how it will evolve. I talked to my mom about it, and her answer, hands down, is "having kids." That seems like an obvious change, but isn't there something more to spousal love. Am I deluded? By example of my family, spousal love is a convenient working arrangement and is over post-convenience. But from some other families, there is definitely a greater understanding. Companionate love is a lingering love for me. It's probably not worthy to be called so by my definition, which is hazy, but in this age of adolescence, it fits. Hopefully I will learn to love by necessity, and not after it became necessary.

"...til then just sit your drunk ass on that fuckin' runway, ho"

No comments: