Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making

The fear of ending up alone has never been mine, though I don't expect any sort of happy ending. Cynic that I am, I assume that I will settle with someone I will eventually come to disdain. Or, less terrible, I wind up with someone I utterly adore but live with the constant fear they will leave, because I am not good enough.

Tuesdays do not generally hold any particularly exciting event, but for some undetermined reason, I was especially productive today in my creative endeavors. Throughout the day, I wrote three letters and a postcard. I drafted and illustrated two "letter-books" which will be mailed out following the close of this weekend. With the paper scraps left over from composing those books, I fashioned "A RATHER BITTY BOOK." It is the text describing my college experience until this point. Currently, it is only text, but I have grand aspirations to fill in with blobby sketches. Even my comic book saw a slight revival today. In the midst of all this creation, I even remembered to print out my absentee ballot form and look up this horrific instrument. I suspect it is evil.

No comments: