Monday, October 18, 2010

"Teapotahedron"

Last night heralded my second extensive wiki-linking spree of college. One of my "Mosaic" assignments was to create a "Freudian videogame," so I looked into the process of game development, something which holds personal interest for me as well. Within the very inclusive "Game development" article, I linked out to roughly 5 articles. From there, an adventure ensued. I learned that the original model that became the standard graphics test figure, the Utah teapot, physically exists in a museum. In 1983, there was a North American Video Game Crash. Who knew?

Some weeks back, Temple hosted a student groups gathering at the Bell Tower. I collected some literature. Signed up on some listservs. Good times. However, I didn't get around to reading the history of Palestine provided by "Students for Justice in Palestine" group. Off the bat, I support human rights. Also, I don't support propaganda. While I'm definitely learning a lot by looking up key players in the conflict, bias abounds.

At the party Saturday night, the friend from my floor I brought tried drinking for the first time. She kept to the limit agreement, and only got giggly and loud. Also from our floor and my trumpet friend, Katy, was also loud and giggly. Together, all three of us sat on a couch devising schemes to talk to boys. During all of this, a guy I'd met earlier in the night, who was somewhat drunk at this point, came over and attempted to put a charm bracelet on my wrist. He told me it meant a lot to somebody, but he didn't know who, but probably someone named Zack because that's what it said on the heart. His name was Adam. I put the bracelet in my memory box.

No comments: