Sunday, May 22, 2011

Useless Post

In the here and right now of my room back (at?) home, I am Chloe. At a show in West Chester where I am intimidated and making awkward small talk with people whose names I can't quite remember, I am also Chloe. At Temple University or texting other students from that great institution, I am Chloe. When I go to church on a Sunday morning, whether the denomination is Catholic or Baptist, I am still Chloe.

Context does have a large influence on who I am moment to moment, but that's due to my changing reactions, not an underlying change.

If I can't articulate what has changed, and I'm not sure what all I have changed from, and I still manage to function pretty well, then it probably doesn't matter. What probably does matter is a realistic and thorough look at my present, and what that may mean for my future.

No comments: