Friday, January 13, 2012

Free write- 10/6, 10/13/09

"Bare feet invite trouble." It is both a warning and a mantra of hope, "let there be adventure." My mom is ashamed of my wanderers feet. While they are not hobbits, she is horrified my calloused feet will ever appear in public in high heels without a professional pedicure, but this is not for me. From the very first day of spring, crossing vast expanses of grassy neighborhoods to visit a friend, to the frozen fall evening of barefoot bear wrestling, shoes are worn with dread. Unfortunately, until the warm winds beckon again, I'll stick to wearing my socks.

Kill all the humans. Nobody will get hurt and the world will be safe.

I love nerds. I'm not cool enough for anything more and get bored with anything less. I've been promised the stars and seen my fair share of them.

Suddenly, college diversity essays got a lot harder. Pronouns were the first to go, followed by pesky adjectives like "lanky, brunette, exceptional..." Capitalism was undermined; Everybody cheered until nobody wanted to be a farmer. Society began collapsing like a chandelier sprung loose in silent fall, with a crash of great orchestration.

No comments: