Monday, October 27, 2008

Ice Cream and Thousand Legger Bugs

The worst of all legged abominations and yummy ice cream. A very nice evening with friends, and I stopped being angry, and I stopped being angry at myself for letting my mom get to me. We were sitting in a booth, with Jeff to my left and Lexi to my right in the aisle. Jeff was asking me about a Journalism class I don't have, and to my horror slightly to the right of his shoulder was a thousand legger bug crawling across the wall. I froze in shock and repulsion and started backing out of the booth. Eventually it was made clear my fear, and we moved to another table after Jeff failed at being the boy in the situation. So sitting at this other table without walls bordering it, I thought we were safe. However, I was leaning back in my chair as we were ready to leave, and Abby gasped, "Chloe, behind you!" And there on the wall, maybe not inches from my head and Dave's alpaca, was another bug. I screamed, jumped, and ran outside. Luckily we'd been ready to pay.

No comments: