Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Questions I Should Ask

Why won't you just say, "Fuck your control. I'm young and in love."?
Who were those thoughts about?
Do you ever get down about it like I do?
How could you be the one person I thought I connected to and let go?
Have you loved any of them?
Who did this to you?
Why would you let me do it to myself?
You know I'd be behind you anyway, right?
Oh god, did you ever think of me after you told me that?
Did you think I wouldn't care after all those memories?
How come you never told me if the cops got the bastard?
You only saw me for those twenty minutes or so in the shared spotlight, but what did you think of us?
I know it's been ages since that picture was taken, but when's the last time you smiled like that?
Do you love her?
What did you wish for on those stars?
Who is/was she?
Are you scared like I was?
Did you ever figure out what it said?
Will you let yourself be free when you're free of us?
Are we holding you back?
How much do you think I miss you, and how jealous do you think I am of your new life?
Why do I feel like I missed you too late?
Did you feel alone even though I was there for you?
Why can't we keep making memories like the ones we couldn't stop laughing at?
Which one of you got in the tree first?
In retrospect, do you see how hateful it made me?
Did you realize that I realized too when you said that?
How much do you remember beyond your trite associations?
Will you ever go back for him?
What did he do to make you fall in love with him?
Would you have ever gone through with it or said something?
Do you ever miss your friends and your life?
When did I start seeing you as tired and broken people?
Why did I ever change my feelings about you?
Would you really save that spot for me?
Do you ever wonder why they're really there?
How would you feel if you found out their answers?
Do you know I'm proud and jealous of you?
I know you meant what you said years ago, but did you ever acknowledge it afterwards?
Was I the one who let you down the most?
Why didn't you tell me about your hopes for me?
Why haven't we spoken before this?
Do you know about them?
What would you do if you found out?
How could someone do that to you?
When did you become a terrible person?
Are we going to ruin this?

No comments: