Saturday, March 21, 2009

3-20-09

It was the first day of spring, unbeknownst to me. Definitely used to be the 22nd. And yet, it was a Friday, and Jimmy and Rob were filming after school for the senior video. Drumline required my attendance at 4, and so hanging around and waiting for Jimmy was not inconvenient. Hand in hand, we walked from the glass lined hall to where Rob was sitting at the ticket booth. He questioned when we became an item, and we both jumped to the thought, "Not facebook official." (Though I said it first). Jimmy spent 25 minutes looking for the button to change his status. Before I could help him, and suggest it myself, a call to my beloved, Gina, was in order. I got my perfunctory Rita's water ice, ate some Chinese food, and selected the cellular buttons required (in the proper order) so that I could soon be speaking with the love of my open relationship. She gave her blessing and expressed happiness at my good fortune, and we had a lovely conversation. Wasiq frantically called me a few times to arrange me to pick up the buzzer system. We exchanged "winky smiley face" text messages. Jimmy and I had a fantastic phone call spanning over 80 minutes. I've never had more fun making fun of 9/11.

No comments: