Monday, March 23, 2009

Drumline Freshmen + People

I don't dislike the drumline freshmen, but I'm not too entirely attached to them. They're not exceptional. Hannah reminds me of me, because of the situation, and that makes me sad for her. Devon is wonderful and adorable, but I haven't gotten to talk to her. Mel, she's sweet and quiet. Kate, fluttery and cute and bubbly, but I'm not sure how much more there is and she plays the bus games. Joey doesn't count, because I've known him from before. We watched a documentary entitled "American Pimp" together. That's like family.

These freshmen made me so happy on Saturday. I laughed and laughed and and laughed, and was proud of them for growing up/having personalities.

Rose is awesome. She doesn't talk a lot, but I love it when she does. She's my favorite. Mike is close, but I don't see him as much.

Speaking of Rose, I'm pretty sure he's going to get with Kira if he hasn't already, and I think I'm okay with that. I do miss him, but even in school, he doesn't seem as funny. Jimmy has been telling me about the crazy relationships that group goes through, and I've decided that the relationship chart can't function anymore with them included.

Every time Abby posts a "Look at how hot I am" picture, I laugh and laugh and feel a little bit vindictive, but she posted it. I know it's mean of me, but a.) Dave is P.J. O'Rourke for teenage satire b.) it's Will, that's creepy and he actually means it

I <3 the internet. There's a whole bunch of stuff I have to show Matt sometime in the future. I talked to Jimmy about it, and he's fine with my bestie. The first time I mentioned Matt, Jimmy said, "Matt is a dork and AWESOME. I'm glad he's in my class." I like talking to people who appreciate Matt.

In an unrelated conversation with Jeff, I related the time when Mrs. Avestruz called me "one of those kids with a weird sense of humor," because Arrested Development is hilarious, quirky humor. I agreed, and, to Jeff, said something along the lines of, "I'm glad my friends have weird senses of humor too, specifically Matt." Jeff responded with, "Matt is the pinnacle of quirky humor, and it's hilarious."

I said "Molly is almost my favorite person ever in the whole entire world," in a conversation with Jimmy. He got sad. I expressed almost. I might have been lying to make Jimmy feel better.

Back when Jimmy was telling me the awful stories about that group of inter-dating kids that was mind blowing, it made me sad to realize what people to do each other. Then we watched this YouTube video, and it made me so happy. It's almost like there's hope for people.

Improv Everywhere
is hilarious. I want there to be a course or a club at GV, and to join a troupe in New York or Pitt, or any major city where I spent a significant amount of time.

Someday I'm going to have an "Oh God, my APPLE JUICE!" moment with someone who will confront me. I've been setting up the occasion a lot, people just haven't been around to hear me. There are 5 people that this could potentially happen to in the future. There are a few I would prefer it didn't happen to, but if that's how it goes, whatever.

I can't imagine drumline with an instructor other than Tom. He's so hilarious, and a teensy bit unprofessional at times, but that's the best part of it. It's also only with "kids he knew before," so we're already the cool kids he's talking to. He does keep it respectful though, and it's just silly things, like making fun of the kids in line or being absurd.

Apparently, he and Viv do not speak with frequency. I was saddened to learn that. Literally, every time I went to Viv's house, he was there. He swore we had Tom sensing powers, because he only came to her house a few times. That makes me sad, especially looking to my future.

I miss Viv. I gotta go visit her and spend the night at her dorm and meet her peeps and whatnot. She has exciting stories, and is one of the few girls I talk to online besides Trisha.

On Saturday, I challenged Sarah to pose something in the past that I wouldn't remember. She asked for her birthday, what she got me for my birthday two years ago, her Spanish name in Spanish II freshman year, and a few other things. It made me really happy to remember good times, specifically with her, because that's what I'm missing about them.

I feel like I've been talking to Jeff more frequently than in comparison to some other time, and I'm enjoying it. At the couch warming party at Abby's, when we lit fireworks, Dave, Matt, and Jeff, were standing around the box of colorful, flammable gunpowders, and if my brother had been there, it would have been the important guys in my life all right there. Dave didn't fit in, I recognized it again that night, and I knew it couldn't last.

On the first day of our PSSA half days, I graffiti'd this for Jimmy. It took about an hour because of the laptop touch pad and my relative inexperience with it. It has to be synced with "Falling for the First Time" by Barenaked Ladies, to make any sense. Also, you have to play with the speed button for a while to make the images line up with the lyrics. He makes me so happy and I missed graffiti.

Vegetarian diet +
strength & conditioning +
boyfriend who calls me beautiful =
self worth space elevator to the moon!

I've been missing Trisha, but she's in my English class now and we talk a lot in Bio. If she gets into my group next semester, it's going to be crazy awesome. If not, the class will still be really awesome. ENGLISH RULES! I miss art classes, and this is close enough.

1 comment:

Sparks-of-Magic said...

Rose and Joey are my favorites. Though Devon is definitely the most adorable.

"I said "Molly is almost my favorite person ever in the whole entire world," in a conversation with Jimmy. He got sad. I expressed almost. I might have been lying to make Jimmy feel better."

^ When I read that I got all teary eyed and I couldn't stop smiling. Oh how I love you so. You should come to college with me :D <3

The Oh my APPLE JUICE moment was absolutely hilarious, and I honestly don't know what would have happened if she had confronted you (though I doubt she's one that actually would). It's best to keep that animosity on the down low until the season is over, being around her shouldn't be any more awkward than it already is.