Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today

I woke up at one or so and did odd jobs about the house, mostly jobs related to the internet. Jimmy was hanging out with Josh and my dad was doing more productive odd jobs about the house, so I assumed I was out of a ride wherever I felt like going. However, it was positively the most beautiful day of the year so far, and a walk would be absolutely gorgeous. My original intent was to bring my sketch pad and a Sharpie, but I settled on a camera, a Sharpie, and a goal to take pictures of memories, minus the people. I went up Kirk, got pictures of BYC and the specific picnic table. A right on Smithbridge to Build a Dream where I got the other picnic table as well as the quotes Molly, Stasi, and I left there. I wanted to get a picture of Dave's driveway, which was where we had our first kiss where something felt really different. My mom interrupted it, of course, but it was still really nice. I decided that it was about dinner time, and if his family was eating there, it would be beyond creepy to see me taking pictures of their house. Jeff's lawn has plenty of memories though, which is where I was headed when I ran into Dan walking Diesel. We chatted it up in the road, his parents were at Pitt, and we decided to hang out for a little while. The conversation was great and Mr. Graney sounds like a really awesome person. He offered me Kool-Aid, an apple, and some other stuff, and eventually we walked to Wawa, talking. I didn't get a picture of Jeff's lawn. At Wawa, we saw Regis where Dan got a lead on a potential job opening. Dan got green tea and M&Ms (for me) with the money his parents left him, and we walked back to his house. I learned a short cut through Sweet Hollow because my dad called, as it was nearing sunset. We hugged our goodbyes and I jog/walked to Garnet Mine where my dad picked me up. He was a little mad, but I wasn't drunk, high, or fucked, so I assume everything's fine.

No comments: