Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Unimaginable Morning

Emily U. and I had a most excellent sleepover Sunday into Monday. Smores, Mac n' Cheese, and popcorn preceded my first viewing of The Breakfast Club. Of course, as girls, myself as one who had been out of the loop for a week, gossiped. Unfortunately, I could feel a cold sore coming on and realized that I could not be salacious for a while. This wouldn't matter, except I was supposed to hang out with Nick F. any time after noon. I told him we couldn't be naughty because of my cold sore and asked if he even knew where I lived, but no response. From 2-4 I wandered around GV, consistently changing my destination and begrudging the abominable heat. After I got home at 4 with no response from Nick, I text'd him to ask if he had canceled on account of lip herpes. After a shower to clean off the gunk from walking outside for two hours, I took a nap. I was awoken by a text message from Nick at 6. He had just gotten up, as the Kites had band practice from 8PM to 6AM. We talked about rescheduling. Tuesday, I had reserved for hanging out with Jeff. Wednesday, we were going to Dorney. Thursday, was the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. Friday, Nick had a Dreamtheatre concert. I was at my mom's over the weekend. We elected to sneak out.
....... ............................ .........
He picked me up in the parking lot of the sale, already high and talking nonstop over a great selection of Queen and the Police. We smoked when we got to our destination, then began walking and talking. It was great conversation straight through the night. Sometimes I would play "don't fall off the curb" or "only take two steps in between the sidewalk lines." At one point, we were chillin' by a lake and there were bullfrogs making a tremendous racket. Some were great maestros of bass, and others with much higher pitched silly sounds. While we were sitting on a hill, the very distant shine of headlights began illuminating the street in front of us, so we jumped up to hide on the edge of the tree line. It wasn't a cop. There were very many sexually tense moments, but we only touched accidentally bumping into each other. He had to be home by 5, so at 3:30 we went to his car to listen to music. It was an absolutely incredible selection from the Police, Deep Purple, Queen, Vanilla Fudge, and then "the CD of cheese." This CD consisted of such cheesy hits as "Never Gonna Give You Up," "Pour Some Sugar On Me," and "I'm So in Love with You." During the last one, we both began singing it jokingly, but then belted it out. For 4 straight seconds, we were in great harmony and it was the most ridiculous sing along I have ever participated in. I tried looking out the sun roof for stars, so Nick tried to catch what I was looking at. He saw the reflection of the glass that let him look down my shirt. He dropped me off at the firehouse and we hugged and texted some afterwards. It was a fantastical morning. Every 20 minutes or so, I would think, "I can't believe this is really happening. This is what I meant to make a New Year's Resolution 'Make Interesting Choices.'"

No comments: