Sunday, March 7, 2010

Self-Improvement, Summer, and Sidenote

Now that HiQ and robotics are winding down, I'm already planning ahead for my new "self-betterment" projects. Currently (though I may renege), is video game development with the Unreal Developer Kit. In a two pronged project, UnrealScript is heavily based in Java, so I'll be getting my head around that first. I'd also like to improve my Spanish, but that requires a little bit of free time, so I can immerse myself in the language. Noting that I'm seriously out of shape is a little harder to address. Swimming is the obvious answer, aerobic, enjoyable, and full body, but I have no access to a pool (or an ocean, but this one isn't conveniently overcome). I don't have the 60 minutes every other day to work out 'til sweaty and gross that I did with Strength and Conditioning. Plus, I have to finish the mural for Longo, preferably before Spring Break (though this is feasible). There's no way I'd seriously commit to jogging, so I'm left with making up my own home regiment. *wheezy sigh*

This summer, I'm going to make a damned good dam at "my creek." I've got so many plans for warmer (see: overbearingly hot) months. It's gonna be awesome. There's a heckuvalotta things I've never done, and most things on the "to do" list only require some transportation and/or Yankee ingenuity from materials I already have. Also, maybe some parental discretion, but I totally got +100 trust this weekend. Admittedly, some of the things I want to do came from theburiedlife, but not very many. My aspirations are not quite so large (also, I've already done a few on their list). :P

Note to hopeful future jugglers: oranges are not the right size

No comments: