Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Apartnership

And we said that everything would be alright, if only the time and place had been different.

This evening, I sat outside on the tire swing. Thought about some fateful late night July, when I couldn't handle it anymore and there was a promise that I could talk about what makes me "me." I stumbled out in that morning darkness, tearing up my feet with walnuts tucked under summer grass. The night was so warm, I figured I could fall apart again and wait it out on the tender ground.

My little brother makes me unbearably proud. There's so much unconventional life about him that I worry he's living too fast, but it's a little beautiful and he's more involved in the lives around him than I've ever been. I despise my accolades to be touted in front of him, because they're worthless in my life, but his achievements can't be revered by adults. Defending a middle schooler from a bastard bully and making lives of moments.

I bet everyone's boobies look good during the upside down parts of roller coasters.

No comments: