Thursday, May 13, 2010

Patient, Fine, Balanced, Kind

I've kept a journal for a whole entire week now. There are pictures and scraps of relevant paper inside, with very short summaries of the day. I'd like to keep it through the summer as a record of exploits and stories to be remembered.

One time post-Christmas season, I bought "Dinacell" batteries. I was pissed.

I'm terribly excited for college. People make exclamations about going to Temple, and there a number of GV kids going, but it seems like only the good ones who I wish I'd had more time with during high school. Who knows? My placement exam is Wednesday, and if I score high enough on English, I'm pretty sure I will be triple-qualified for Honors Composition.

My dad made some statements last night that I consider to be revelations. He sort of apologized for our fate, but that we are products of it and that we will ride it out.

I think I will title my surreal piece "Drifting Off," to imply three different meanings. One obvious. One related to the style. One personal.

I feel extra attractive today.

[edit: this morning I realized I have no idea what "humectant" meant on my shampoo, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. The information age is a wonderful age.]

No comments: