Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twodays

Dead Snow: the most ridiculous movie, or the best ridiculous movie? The film presents itself as being about "Nazi zombies," when it is more accurately about undead Nazis and the hilariously gory ways to kill them. It is one of the better zombies movies I've seen, eliciting much laughter and also quite a bit of anxiety. I dropped my cell phone when I went to the bathroom; I was very startled. Oh, and the whole thing was in Swedish or something and we had to read the subtitles. My mom said it was a waste of time.

My yesterday (6-28) was both productive and enjoyable. The afternoon held interesting company and a few activities I rather forgot about. It was an interesting contrast to my usual routine. I played the most violent videogame for Wii and a little bit of MarioKart. I'm still terrible at Super Mario Brothers, but I apparently rock the bumper pool. I played fetch with a very silly German Shepherd. My evening was less straightforward. I went walking. There was a gentleman on his porch, unsurprising, given the hour, but he was still consciously in his spot when I returned past his home two hours later. That time in between was not so productive except to get me physically active. It was very humid for a summer night, and jogging left my shirt uncomfortably damp. My calves ached when I woke up, but my head was much less foggy melancholic.

The better part of today was spent downloading music, correcting grammar, and procuring album art. I'm pleased to say that only things from the internet are lacking artwork, which is approximately 10 songs or so. I have exactly 60 Disney songs on my iPod, one anarchist audiobook (because they like producing free stuff), and one almost terrific video that captures me and Rob H. traipsing about the school at sunset.

I've been trying really really hard and fairly successfully not to nap. I have a huge to-do list being slowly chipped away at, but in two months, I'll be all moved into college. That's not a lot of time.

No comments: