Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nobody Else, and I Sing at the Top of My Lungs

Being gone does things. It keeps me out of the loop, for one. I returned to a world upturned.

I'm sorry. I didn't know. I don't know why, but I understand more now. Perhaps my response was appropriate. Perhaps not. *hugs* It was a good way to tell me.

It doesn't feel right to leave childhood still so childish.

Steve and I made breakfast together this morning. He had two boxes of pancake mix, which when combined, yielded slightly under one cup of mix. Although, another thing adding volume to our one cup were the two bugs buried in the flower. There was no milk, so we mixed heavy cream and water together. They were the best pancakes I'd had since New Year's. One of them made a heart accidentally. Mrs. Girolomy taught him how to microwave bacon. He gave me my birthday present, which was a tiny pirate ship made out of clay. x]

I've thrown away my nights and wasted all my days over you-oooo-oooo-oo-ahooo.

And the upturned world fell into place.

[Edit: haha, flower]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with leaving childhood being childish. That's the best way to do it. People make the mistake of trying to act like adults when they become adults. When you were a kid, adults were boring. Nothing has changed. Adults are still boring, because for some reason, they feel the need to stifle all their childish urges so they can look mature. Be the person who happily lays in the grass and looks at little twinkly bugs and smiles. Don't be the 'adult,' somehow disconnected from these little things that used to make life fun. Stare at fireflies. Or fight fireflies with sticks.