Thursday, July 1, 2010

Deception & Monkeys

I got shit done today, bitches. Besides that, I also went to Anna's grad party and boogied the night away. I multitasked some badminton and spectated a game of ladder-ball. Ceci and Lauren arrived with conversation, and we discussed the scandalous going-ons of friends and minor celebrities who are (unfortunately) gay. It was determined who everyone at the party would marry; I to a record producer, who may perhaps be black. Anna had a DJ playin' some sick beats that nobody was particularly fond of, so when the Casper Slidek: Part III came on, I walked over to the badminton circle and cut a rug (lawn). It was a little after that when the monkey war started. The theme of the party, besides graduation, was monkeys. Every table was accompanied by at least three little plush monkeys, which had been gathered together as ammo. Andrew immediately became the main target due to his "impossible to have" allure. We sufficiently wore ourselves out enough so that everyone came back to the talking table. Some time later the DJ called us out, saying that he could see us bobbin' our heads to OMG by Usher. We were not into that. I went up to request "You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates, but to no avail. I reported the disappointing fact that all he had was a dance playlist on a Mac. Ceci was upset, but took it well, saying she would keep H&O in her heart. When the funky beat of You Make My Dreams did come on and I revealed my heartless lie, Ceci walked over and punched me. Then walked to the dance floor and got her groove on. E'rybody on the dance floor was gettin' down, and we requested the most ridiculous pop from the 70s and 80s. Ceci and I shared a dance-floor connection during "Hungry Like the Wolf," with much prowling and seductive undulation. Several cheesy songs into the list, we were pleasantly contrasted with "Jump Around" and then rebuffed by "Shots." I finally sat during Shots, a song advocating a horrendous lifestyle, and it was suggested that we were in the Temperance Society, or perhaps the Anti-Saloon League. Much laughter highlighted the evening, as did a few record scratches from the DJ, which were not well received. At one point, he ventured onto the floor behind Rachel, and Noopur just about screamed, "Watch Out!" and with horror the whole floor turned to witness her fear. He was kinda a scary dude. We played Sardines, and by that, I mean that I waited under a pine tree and got nature in my hair until everyone gave up without finding me. It was a good time. I'm glad I didn't leave early, but I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm feeling it's a cleaning day.

No comments: