Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hair Me Out

Of course, the recent hair dye was part serendipity, part brash spontaneity to prove I'm *a strong and independent woman.* It does make me feel sexy. It does make me feel older, and that makes me feel like someone else. My mom told me the story of living in California with her cousins who convinced her to dye her hair blonde. The red-headed roots coming back in were absolutely atrocious, especially her eyebrows. (!) This is just a phase. I wholly intend to dye my hair back to natural once my roots start growing in, but it's something to try. It's my wild without booze or boys. I never would've heard my mom's story without a similar prompting. One of her patients said I was pretty. I'm not used to that adjective except in "pretty cute."

I abandoned sad songs in favor of pop punk today after so many people liked both my picture and status. It's an all-over, dirty self-indulgence.

Currently, I have stolen hallway decorations from 3/7 of Temple's Residence Halls. Awesome.

Avalon and I screamed together during the Sand Crabs game. I was excited to wind up next to her, since I've been scared to approach how awesome she is. We wound up getting fourth meal after the game and talking for a bit. She didn't know I was a freshman! We're going to get matching Crab shirts though if I make them over the weekend. There have been more people in our fan section, The Tide Pool, with every game. It is one of the most absurd things I have ever taken part in. Not to propagate rumors or anything, but word on the street is that one of the players' mom is making a crab mascot. I love band. So hype!

No comments: