Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time (Takes Time)

The Broad Street Line (BSL) held their winter concert tonight. It was beyond my expectations, especially as I'd been to every one of their performances except the Eagle's game. Their repertoire was far more extensive than I'd realized, and they'd saved crowd pleasers "Good Girls Gone Bad" and "Forget You" just for this performance. Good Girls Gone Bad was my favorite piece of the night and tremendously done. I don't know why hip-hop seems to translate so favorably to a capella for me. Additionally, they performed two Ben Folds pieces, "Time" and "Effington." I reminisced to Katie R. and Jeff discussing their inability to play Smoke at some party in the D.'s living room. For tonight, I made a sign "I''d Ride the Broad Street Line." Broad Street Line is even in orange, you know, a little shout out to the actual subway. That was a fun ice breaker with the guys, getting them to sign it at the after party. Slightly awkwardly, some alumni also thought it was "classy." While interesting conversation, "they old as fuck."

I don't know what I want. It's not entirely accurate to say I don't want anything, but it's a close approximation. Tonight's shindig wasn't a band party, so I was roughly free to make out with any passing stranger. Not a single passing stranger caught my eye or interest. I targeted Ben earlier in the night, but I just want to make out at a party for the sake of making out at a party. I don't normally have the drunk defense, and the one night I got to use it, I got a creep dancing up on me. That was super short though, to note.

I'm treading a very unfortunate line. I'm being less oblivious to sexual tension than usual, but I think his girlfriend noticed it before I did...

No comments: