Saturday, February 12, 2011

Of the three parties I've been to this semester, multiple people shouted my name when they saw I'd arrived. Even at last night's "80s Frat Party," I stumbled upon a sizable number of band kids excited to see me in the mess. Danielle had the biggest hair I'd ever seen. Her ponytail was bigger than my head. Then I saw Gab, another one with huge hair. Her and Kira matched for the second party in a row. They're so cute. As expected, it was hot and gross and gropey. I never thought I'd be grateful to find ceiling pipes leaking on me. The live band absolutely made the night. We would've left after 20 minutes if they hadn't been playing dancy 80s rock (and some Beastie Boys?). Bein' my dancy-self, I got all danced up on, which I don't mind for one or two songs. I was making funny faces at Gab for one guy, but apparently he was cute. Oh well, not tryna take home guys at a frat party, or any party, really. Inebriation is a major turn-off. T-Pat picked me up when he drunkenly hugged me and offered beer, but he surprisingly left when I said I didn't drink. Strange... We left after the band finished around 12:15, walking arm in arm with Gab to help her toddle across the ice. Tim, upset that Katy was holding hands with Glenn, decided to be straight and honest with me. "We talked the first day, when you were introducing yourself and everyone and you said you used to be in pit but now were doing cymbals, and I haven't talk to you at all since that, which is a shame, since you were nice and I was really shy and now you have lots of friends, so I guess it worked out for you."

No comments: