Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Staying and Touching

I didn't realize how hard it would be to stay in touch with people from back home. To remedy the issue, I've been writing letters at least 20 minutes a day for the last three days. Even so, it's hard to include everyone. I don't keep the same schedule as anyone still in GV, and I'm so-so with the Fb chat.

Postcards are my favorite. That's going to be half of my souvenir budget in Italy- super nifty postcards.

Leaving the country for the first tie is both thrilling and a little nerve-racking. I'm intimidated by the cost of living and language barrier, but also encouraged by the human awe that will be evident without translators. The whole city of Rome is a museum, and one of my ideal classes will be "the Roman sketchbook- drawing, painting, and sculpting the city." Currently, my application is complete and downpaid for. Registration opens up sometime in March, and I should start looking into plane tickets now. Unfortunately, one has to book both their incoming and return tickets before starting the semester abroad. I was hoping to stay in Europe for a few days past the educational portion. Depending on how my finances go, I may try to get a refund and stick around. We'll see. It's tentative.

No comments: