Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Giver/Receiver

"I love you to outter space! Outter space goes upupupupup!"
-Overheard in NY

Friday into Saturday was an excellent time, and perhaps the most absurd twenty-four hours of my life. I completed the first resolution of my list, to go streaking, as well as a number of other firsts, including eating uncooked ramen, which was nasty. After returning home to my mom's, I watched Forrest Gump for the first time, a resolution from the previous year I never got around to completing. Certainly entertaining, but a mystery as to why it's famous, I reflected through a majority of the film. I considered all the boys I'd loved, the hands I've held, and the disparity between the two. Before Friday, I didn't know what to do about a hook up buddy. I assumed I'd feel guilty. Instead, I wound up appreciating the past even more, pink scars, the way our hair contrasted, harmonic wind chimes, and the differences between every other time I'd snuck out. I'm young, and there's a whole lot I haven't experienced, several experiences I don't even know exist yet. There's a point in the future where it's more difficult to make mistakes. For now, I'm learning.

No comments: