Thursday, February 11, 2010

Making My Way to Normal (Illinois)

For every time I've listened to "Like a Rolling Stone," I've never considered how it does feel. To find out he really wasn't where it's at. It's a harsh song. Not nearly so bad as "Idiot Wind," (nod to Nicki), but that little Jewish boy really knew how to make it sting.

"it was gravity which pulled us down and destiny which broke us apart."

Recently re-downloading Ben Folds from a scratched gold disc with Sharpie on it, I remembered singing "Brick" on the band bus. Remembered singing maliciously at Trisha as she sat outside Sarah's house. Remembered climbing trees in Matt's backyard, thinking, "you took a trip, and climbed a tree..." from "Not the Same," something I've become. Landed reminds me of a Klaus Oldenberg sculpture. Quietly singing "Bitches Ain't Shit" in the business district of NYC, scared we were going to get beat up by black people. Zak and Sara. Fred Jones, "how do we know his first name???" Adelaide's no longer a place to go to forget, it's more painful remembering. We screamed Army on the way to Wildwood. We screamed everything down there. Still, We was a different bunch of people.

"3. 2. 1. I'm letting you go."

No comments: