Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Naughty & Nice

Naughtiness failed. Nice was rockin'! Or hip-hoppenin', more like it!

Turns out Birds & Bees Risque closes at 7 on non-Friday weeknights. A terrible shame. Either way, I drove over to Kim's house and waited for her to come home from Vacation Bible School so I could serenade her. Her personally calculated E.T.A. was for 9:30. Because my shopping adventure ended abruptly, I had a little more time on my hands than original planned, and so serenaded Kim's neighborhood for a half hour or so. One guy sang a little Zeppelin, but the majority of dogs and passer-bys avoided my evening practice sesh. At 9:33, I decided to stoop it out on Kim's front step. There, I scared away her cats, and a few minutes later, I scared her mom. "Who is hooligan stoopin' it with a guitar?!" I explained myself before she could say that, but her thoughts may've beat me to it. She called out Kim, sneakily explaining that she needed help with the groceries. Bam! Kim was so surprised. For whatever reason, I did not spend my half-hour prep period attaching my shoulder strap to my guitar, so I pulled some nifty moves in holding it up/playing... "Whatever You Like" was the chosen song for serenade, as the result of a long dormant inside joke. Inside, she offered me water and "Chocolate Fudge Brownie" ice cream while watching the Barbie Fairytopia movie that I could. not. follow. Personally, I like to think I was charming and amusing during my time as her guest, but that is biased. All in all, while I did not get any exotic toys, I did make a lasting memory.

No comments: