Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holy Days

My favorite holidays are Halloween and New Year's. Both provide a reinvention. Halloween, for one night, a chance to be something more than anything I will ever be. I can be blatantly both witty and sexy. New Year's, the fresh start that is just another day, is a symbolic starting over. There are daily improvements I can make to myself and often try to, but for longstanding achievements, it is a good motivation. This year, my tentative resolutions include:

Host an impromptu art gallery OR have my art hosted by a legitimate gallery OR put up 5 pieces greater than 6x6" OR greater than 5 pieces of smaller art OR any combination of above
Get a literary work published in a forum reaching greater than 10,000 people
Compose an album of more than 10 songs, with at least half longer than 2:30 min.
Pull an all nighter
Sing all the verses of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall
Create a three minute film OR produce a documentary
Visit a foreign country
Write my manifesto
Write at least two letters to local representatives
Self-publish a satirical newspaper OR a semi-weekly guerrilla commentary
Write and submit articles to a Temple news publication, The Daily News, The Inquirer, and one additional media source
Attend a Phillies, Flyers, Eaglesr, and Union Game
Make out in the Kimmel Center
Watch Rocky
Eat a Cheesesteak
See the Liberty Bell
Visit the Academy of Natural Sciences

No comments: