Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Last Night, When We Were Young

Neither snow nor rain...

Antiques Road Show last night showed clips in which people, by sheer luck, rescued pricey objects from the inevitable destruction of a dump. Jeff came over slightly after its conclusion and left slightly before my adventure to Tom Jones. His curfew was retracted some hours as his parent's wintry response to the hazardous roads. At TJ, for the first time in two years, I was conflicted; I was not in the mood for breakfast food. There is only one other time in the history of me and Tom Jones where I did not order the Blue Ribbon Special. Eventually, after stalling the waitress, I settled on the mozzarella sticks, an economically poor choice, seeing as they are $4.19, as opposed to the staggeringly cheap $3.79 of the unrivaled BRS. Also, another poor decision was that I saw Donna F.. It'd been a while since I'd seen her, and she was sitting far away. I called her name. Not Donna. However, I was in Tom Jones after midnight, so hopefully her party assumed some sort of inebriation. Dinner was delightful. Conversation was pleasant, and two of our party utilized their fancy iContraptions to call up "Talking Earl" and "Talking Carl." These apps are adorable little functions in which the users may speak to the cute lil' pixel blob on the screen, and it will repeat what they said in a high pitched squeak. It was brought to our attention that when reflected against each other, Talking Carl and Talking Earl will eventually reach a horrifying, high-pitched singularity of shrieking white noise. I unnecessarily laughed to tears. We left and came to settle in to one of our warm and interesting rooms. I do not subscribe to the culture of things, but there were many intriguing things in this room. We talked for hours, the others lightly imbibing at the outset. I was made to try the taste of Peach Schnapps for its non-alcoholic taste. Now, my total alcohol consumption has been less than three ounces of peach flavored beverages. Only peach flavored alcohol. Why peaches? We wound up leaving around six in the morning, and getting dropped off, my dad was up. Oh shit. I waved to him, said good morning, and went to my bed.

No comments: