Sunday, December 5, 2010

Last Week

It's hard to explain what happened. Nobody knew I had any sort of obligation, let alone my most important relationship. I never earned the title of girlfriend. There was no beginning. There was no anniversary to celebrate. But there is definitely an end, and I have my own sort of sadness. It comes up when they ask about my hair, when we talk about boys. They tell me, "I don't know this guy, but he's a douchebag and you're way better off without him." "He's a dumbass for dropping your gorgeous ass." I say, "But no, he really is my best friend. I'm going to see him all the time over break." Most girls tell me that's not good. That I need time away from him to get over it. Guys ask me if I'd still do stuff with him.

I could've gone home with anybody on Friday. Though, to avoid dumb mistakes, I've sworn celibacy into the new year.

No comments: