Thursday, October 2, 2008

Optic White Chuck Taylors: Right Shoe

On October 1st, 2008, I got a new pair of optic white, Chuck Taylor, Converse ALL*STARS. Using my double tipped Sharpie, I then spent the following two hours planning my works, and three subsequent hours writing, doodling, and musing on how Chucks became the shoe of creative license. This is a collection of what I wrote, as inclusive as possible.

THIS MACHINE SURROUNDS HATE and forces it to SURRENDER.
How many loved your moments of glad grace, and loved your beauty with love false or true, but one man loved the pilgrim soul in you.
To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea... Let me forget about today until tomorrow.
Oft in the tranquil hour of night, when stars illume the sky, I gaze upon each orb of light and wish that thou wert by.
WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE!
I walked out in the desert to look at the moon. There was a jeweled city on the horizon. Spires rising in the night, but the jewels were diadems of electric and the spires were the neon signs ten stories high.
let me tell you the story 'bout the call that changed my destiny
Oh glorious night! Thou wert not sent for slumber.
You cannot cry in space.
Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted.
watch the tramcar Please
she's not a girl who misses much
HALLELUJAH
Sex burns 360 calories an hour
To find a queen without a king they say she plays guitar and cries and sings
She only reveals what she wants you to see
BYE BYE MISS AMERICAN PIE
Go now, you are forgiven
What can I say to the old desire?
If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
Freedom lies in being bold.
isn't it totally all worth it?
Wish you were here
M&M
Yes, Virginia
All the things she said
FARMHOUSE
Love me, that's all I ask of you
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need
He was a stranger to all the world, but he was not lonely
How does it feel? How does it feel to be with a home, like a complete unknown? Like a ROLLING STONE. You're invisible now, you've got no secrets to conceal. Oh.
WITHOUT TRUTH you are the LOOSER
You wasted life why wouldn't you waste the afterlife?
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
G
R
A
V
I
T
Y
Plays favorites
Gonna lay in the grass, open an' honest with anybody that'll have me. Gonna cuss an' swear an' hear the poetry of folks talkin'. An' that's holy.
These blessed candles of the night.
Me + You = Great Hair
Puedo escribir los versos mas triste esta noche. Escribir por ejemplo, "La noche essta estrellada, y tiritan, azules, los astros, a los lejos."
So it goes.
the dead have all the glory of the world
Po-tee-weet
HEAEH!!!
All you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be
So no more we'll go a roving, So late into the night, though the heart be still as loving, and the moon be still as bright
So sad So strange The days that are no more
we're ridin' out tonight to case the promised land
She went her unremembering way, She went and left in me, the pang of all the partings gone, and partings yet to be
Mythozoology
I believe in the sand beneath my toes
Do not go gentle into that good night.
I never ever saw the stars so bright
STARS
STARS
Who do you want to be? The person you hope to be, or the person you fear you actually are?
Dawn seemed to follow midnight with indecent haste
There were no stars....... they were blotted out by the light of the boardwalk
Sharpie
there's magic in the music and the music's in me
WAWA
Go away from my window, and leave at your own chosen speed
I had some dreams there were clouds in my coffee
I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change
It's a COOKBOOK!
TO SERVE MAN
TO SERVE MAN
TO SERVE MAN
TO SERVE MAN
TO SERVE MAN

No comments: