Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In the Midnight Hour

I hate songs in drop D, because they're so rockin', and I don't want to spend the time or effort to tune down. Same goes for half-step down, or anything written by Brand New or Dashboard Confessional. This revelation is specifically spurred by a sincere desire to tear up "Savior" by Rise Against. What I'd envision is myself on guitar, singing the first half of the chorus, and a guy the second half (maybe playing drums), with variable refrain and verse.

Today, I got four shots of novacaine. When they told me to rinse my mouth out, I slurred and stumbled something akin to, "This is going to be an embarrassment." Through sheer luck, I twice managed to not leak fluids all over myself and the office floor. However, eating lunch must not have been pleasant for accidental spectators.

-------------

Occasion’ly, the languid thought
Drifts sleepy through my mind,
"If maybe human progress is a Babylon in kind."
Foundations build on axioms and mathematic proof
Ascended by technology to sweeping, gabled roof.
The peak of this achievement
In some future dappled dawn,
May not to be to reach a god,
But make one all our own.

----------

Hey, SADD, get the fuck on a coffeehouse will you?

Even so much as a year ago, I doubt I would've considered guitar to ever be an important part of my life. However, I give it a pretty good deal of my time now.

No comments: