Friday, August 15, 2008

Nonstasis

I want:

to play in the rain with puddles and friends
to go on a scavenger hunt for the ages
to scream songs in fast cars
to slow dance with David Bowie at ten 'til thirteen
to cry on the shoulders of all my friends in a great big group hug
to find a guy I can run away with
to run away
to discover myself
to wake up in a van at sunrise
to stargaze in the darkness of Death Valley
to swim in every ocean
to skydive
to think about the people I'll always want to run away from
to steal someone's attention
to read beautiful words
to be enlightened and fulfilled at the end of a book
to know someone
to eat ice cream for breakfast and breakfast for dinner
to tell the truth because I care
to lie because I don't want to care
to smoke pot with hippies in California
to ride the rapids with strangers or lovers
to tube down the Brandywine with the pit
to camp with a guy I'll never stop thinking about
to rock out
to save something meaningful to myself
to watch the [S]crubs season finale with someone else who's almost crying
to travel the globe
to bring back dirt from the globe
to kiss a romantic fool
to skinny dip at a bay house in the moonlight
to be in the shooting pulsar
to breathe
to stop breathing because the moment is just right
to listen to good music and great friends
to bawl my eyes out at every graduation
to say goodbye to someone I care about
to regret something
to wind up where I belong

No comments: