Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SCAVENGER HUNT!

Finally, I set a date and vaguely finagled some people together to get into cars and hunt down ridiculous objects or pictures. Participants were: Jeff, Keith, Ruben, and Meg as drivers, me, Matt, Abby, Hetty, Gina, Steph, Automm, Staci, Joe, and Dave as arrivals, and Nicki, Shana, Tom Hunter, Briana, Joe, and Alex as pickups. I got to the school around 6 with Hetty, dropping off my brother and Branden. Matt was there, and shortly after Joe and Dave. Keith was our first driver to arrive. Slowly we assembled to a full cast, while still making semi-frantic phone calls on my part. Jeff brought the list of things he posted without including the suggestions Hetty and I made, but we added about ten more things to it and group point valued it. Drivers walked to the other side of the street and began to pick sides which pissed me off quite a bit at the time because there was no input from team members who wanted to be where. I knew I had a good team, but I wanted another guy who wasn't Jeff on the team. Specifically Dave, but really any other guy would have made me feel more confident about our team.

First stop Hetty's house for foreign coins, sweat pants, shaving cream/razor, and For"WOOD" Drive. We also got a number divisible by three license plate.

To my house for Dumpster Dive, Charcoal, graveyard (across the street), fish, printer, waffles (forgotten, possibly still not in freezer), and really, really bad internet that was useless.

To a Commerce Bank for $2 Bills that weren't actually there! While there we got a Florida license plate and I went into Rita's with my underwear on the outside of my pants. Subsequently I went commando for the rest of the game from this point on. I went into Cuisines for a matchbook doorprize and Jeff got a picture of the Wawa.

TO THE CONCORD MALL! Wawa picture. There Jeff/Gina went to Best Buy for a dryer (failed) and something that won the Nobel Prize (fail), to Widner for a University picture, and restaurant "door prizes." While they were busy wasting time, Hetty and I got blue collared shirt picture, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, hippo picture, stranger without a shirt (John Cena cutout), me ass to mouth with an Abercrombie model, 4 pictures of Crocs, like 8 restaurant door prizes, and 12 pairs of sweat pants even though only five were allowed in the changing room at a time. I don't think they had the air conditioner on.

To Jeff's house! There we got the bowling ball picture, Enya's Only Time, and NOT the Zombie National Defense Strategy with color codes because it doesn't exist and Jeff made it up.

To Painter's to bother Sarah's friends and pick up door prizes. No one was at the theater and they refused to participate without payment and I didn't want that, so Hetty and I checked the rest of the restaurants. I got a Carraba's mint. One for eating, one for not eating. Jeff and I both got paper applications from Friendly's and Friday's respectively, both picking up door prizes. Hetty and Gina bought an American flag and with the matches from Cuisines I burned them with help from someone who won't be mentioned lest consequences ensue.

To the school to pick up Nicki! Score! Garden Gnome!

Picture with the neighborhood across from the school.

To the Shops at Brinton Lake!

SIDETRACKED! Random neighborhood gnome stop!

Ruby's door prize and a distant Wawa photo. While the rest of my team went to Target to attempt to get a disco ball. I sprinted the maybe quarter mile to Home Depot to pick up a cheat 2x4. While there, the incredibly helpful cashier not only quickly directed me to the wood, but convinced her male friend to flash me, another friend to allow me to freak dance at him, and she shaved my leg. Then I sprinted back to the car where the 2x4 wouldn't fit in, so Jeff and I broke it on a curb and left six feet of it there.

To Jeff's house again!

SIDE TRACKED! We stopped at a mini golf course seeing several of our wonderful friends from school to get the tin cup picture.

At Jeff's we picked up his old parking ticket, took the final gnome picture, and made Dan get us his "totally not a Christmas ornament" disco ball. We posed on his bench out front with the disco ball and the gnome.

To the school before 10:15! Damn, Ruben's team was already there with a hella lot of people. We waited for everyone to arrive and when Team Mikus arrived last we slowly showed everyone Hetty's pictures because her phone was dying and had our evidence on it. Then we went item by item and with 16 restaurant door prizes our team won by six points because Ruben's team got the ten point first show bonus. I don't remember when we got the cookies as our baked good, but Keith bowed on one knee to present to me his team's cherry pie. A wonderful evening.

No comments: