Saturday, June 28, 2008

Danny and Me

My very own creeper. Sure he hits on the rest of the living female population, but I'm slightly more special. It all started at band camp his freshman year, my sophomore.

I didn't notice the creepin' very much, in fact, he wasn't that bad. He sat with me on the bus once or twice, but I listened to my iPod and he did help with moving instruments. Still, a little too much hugging even by my standards. At the Unionville football game, a rag-tag bunch of us including Tom Hunter and Saxy Matt went to the snack stands. It was a rather long line and as it was a very chilly night we penguin huddled and talked to a friend we had made, Christina Clarinet of Unionville. I asked her if she knew Savy. She did! Hooray! I could finally be reunited with my friend from the beach! At this point we had broken up the huddle because the line was moving, and yet Danny persisted in keeping an arm over my shoulder. Hurriedly I dashed from the line to attempt to meet my lost friend leaving him and his arm alone. I spent the next twenty minutes looking for her, and Danny spent the next twenty-five looking for me. It was a good game, although I think that was the time we lost to Unionville. I later found out from Danny, that someone at Unionville thought I was his girlfriend. "Woah, that totally couldn't be right," he said. "That's weird if you think about it, you and me?"

Then we learned he was making out with our dear Lauren P. Ok, so maybe she has a thing for the youngins. It's not like we don't know anyone else like that and the world rejoiced because Danny was no longer hitting on other girls.

Then she broke up with him. Possibly had something to do with him being a creeper.

Every B-Day band as the trumpets sit in front of the pit, "Hey, Chloe, my girlfriend broke up with me and I'm pretty down." Yes, tragic I thought, you're allowed to hit on me again.

Then, I didn't see him as much and I didn't particularly care why. The times they are a'changin' and suddenly it was time for the Memorial Day parade that passes in front of my house. I wasn't even thinking about him being a problem. I'm in the honor guard, he's a trumpet, safe. WRONG! While waiting in the shade at the nearby auction, he comes over to where Matt, Abby, Sarah, and I are. We successfully ignored him, but he was there none the less. Ugh. Alright, we started marching and all was right with the world. We marched, listened to a speech, and then went to get our church provided lunches. Rebecca and I had to return to the band bus so we could deposit the banner and were some of the last people in line. Lucky for him, so was Danny. I legitimately hadn't conversed or acknowledged him in the last few weeks, so a hug wasn't too much to ask. We were standing next to each other waiting in line, making small talk. His hand far too often rubbing against mine. I turned behind to talk to Rebecca about nothing in particular, and then read a bulletin so he couldn't touch me. I think he complimented me on my astounding abilities to deduce that the mens room was nearby because I saw a sign. He complained about the availability of simply turkey sammiches, and as we walked out, he learned where my house was. I was having a party, and someone was about to come and talk to me about it, but I roughly told them later and dashed across the street to sanctuary.

He was leaving for Hawaii with the rest of band! Sadly, my many of my friends would be gone, but Molly, no good Shana, Jeff, Gina, and Kacey would be here. It was a fine and dandy birthday week. I got a txt from Matt at approximately 12:00 here. That would make it six A.M. Hawaii time. "Danny's already creepin'." He had been hitting on Maggie and probably everyone else ever that early. He asked about me three times.

No comments: