Sunday, June 22, 2008

I miss things

I don't mind change. Several wonderful things have happened and changed since all of these things have gone away. There's still always the feeling of "It was good, now could be better."

Circle time, when we actually formed circles and talked.
-Especially the time we had chocolate doughnuts and warheads.
Huddling together like penguins and/or amoebas for warmth.
90s Nickelodeon
Singing on the band bus ride in the dark
The bottle cap war of '06 where we built a fort in Viv's basement
Awesome parties in Nicki's basement
The particular party in Nicki's basement when Schlicter called
The party at Jeff's, where we just watched Family Guy at my insistence, but then all of us freshmen learned what it really was when we went upstairs, lit candles, and just talked
The lunch bunch with Matt, Tom Scott, Viv, D. Noll, Kyle, Kristin and Susan
Thinking Jeff was about the most model person there was
Being silly with Katie and Laura and Poofy and Noop Dawg
The table of doom
How Katie and I were going to sail her creek at night and be pirates.
-We're pirates, sailing the creek
-Eating dinner, sure to reek
-We sail by night, and sleep by day
-And we shall spend a week this way
When my mom wasn't such a tragic figure
When Viv was going to be here forever and ever and would take care of all of the babies
Talking for hours about Pokemon with Kristin
-She graduated this year. I didn't know if she'd make it, but she did. I haven't talked to her in at least two years.
Having more guy friends than girl friends
Being in that crazy business venture known as Quad L. with Frankie, Darrell, Kyle, Jose, and then eventually Merrill
When buttons really mattered
Times when Abby seemed so much crazier and spontaneous and amazing
Times when I seemed so much crazier and spontaneous and amazing
The year Hi-Q owned everything and I loved it and worked hard and didn't see flaws
Knowing I didn't deserve section leader
Speak Up with the '07 Seniors like Steve, Beth, Erin, Jeff, and Melissa.
The crazy seniors I already miss, Gina, Drew, Steph, Viv, Erik
Creeking with my family
Summer weekend beach trips with my mom
Climbing trees with Erik in Matt's backyard
Erik in general
Super Guiro
The crazy associated with The Cricket and The Tennis ball
The party in Matt's basement where I had so much fun running around trying to get them back
My dog Kelley
The Wallace twins, especially Kiersten
When climbing the trees in and around my yard seemed like a harrowing feat
Being impressed with the Memorial Day Parade and not just irritated by it
Being friends with Joe
Not being scared for my brother's future
Being proud of what I'd done
Recess
Batman and the Justice League and Scooby-Doo
Riding places and singing
When at least someone was still around who was occasionally willing to go to my mom's
When I didn't realize D was so manipulative
My senior buddy
Steve being crazy
Schlicter being crazy and LOUD
The party at Kacey/Steph's where Scott played Scenes from an Italian Restaurant and we all sang
The party at Kacey/Steph's where it had just snowed so much, and we all played psychologist and went outside and played tag on the frozen snow and walked/sledded to Katie's house and then sledded in her yard even though she wasn't home
Carving the Colbert Pumpkin
Baked ziti party where the entire table got into the ridiculous argument about the unstated ratio of bread to butter
When the German exchange students were here
When "the pit was it" on the bus and we all loved everyone, even Alanna
Football games where the entirety of the game would be spent attempting to get Zach to dance, lesbian, dance
Learning sign language to talk about people from across the room or in front of their face
Having Sarah to talk to and gossip with in Spanish class
Any hot tub party ever
Specifically her birthday
Specifically the time Matt and Jeff's hair froze and we made a big deal out of it despite the fact all of the girls' hair had frozen too


Thinking that I had the best freshmen year with the greatest friends in the world and knowing that I had found a place I belonged and knowing that it was all going to change

No comments: