Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Notes I Wrote

This a journal entry I wrote about the ATP Challenge kids taking a tour of the high school. It is dated Wednesday, January 31st, 2007.

"Newest Freshies"
I knew of only one 8th grader in ATP who I loved, yet her fate was doomed to be stuck in the horrible twisted ATP Challenge Program. Touring with the older students, many tried to convince the wayward children to turn from their wretched path. Few have succeeded in changing their minds, but I feared for my wee one. Jeff, Wasiq, Amora, Kristin W, and Susan M tried to change their minds, but to no avail, seldom are the children saved. Although I had not seen her in over a year, I chanced to see my precious newblet in the hallway. Trying to influence her bried encounter as much as possible, I passed onto her the only wisdom I could in our short meeting, don't take it. Already changed beyond my short warning could convey, she had turned away from the jagged edges and towards the path of enlightenment. She had been reached by the single person knowingly eliminating the class from the inside. Leader of the pit, Hi-Q team, and Salutorian of the graduating class had saved my soon to be freshie from impending doom.


Post Note: She did eventually take the class. They all did.

No comments: