Sunday, June 22, 2008

Goodbye Birthday!

It was a good day. I woke up a little before noon. I played around with my new iPod and new songs for iTunes because my whole harddrive was wiped recently. I went to the library and to my dad's. My mom and I came back home, watched Snakes on a Plane, and fitfully laughed/were scared into jumping. At 6:30 we went to Bellevue to see the Sin City Band, a Western band. They were very good. I like a dose of nostalgia for things I didn't know. We then went to what used to be Ho' Jo's and I had prime rib, corn, half a baked potato, three rolls, a cup of pudding with whipped cream and candle. I didn't eat the candle. It's just sometimes I wonder about people. Especially at birthdays. I just don't know so much about people. Every year I have and don't ask is another potential last year.

I'd always assumed I'd go to college, become philosophical, maybe go to Florida and visit my Uncle Chris and we'd talk mysticism and music and history. He'd learned to play guitar, but he shaved and cut his hair shorter. I don't know exactly when he died, but it was sometime in the fall of last year. He was in the army. He wanted to go to Iraq, but he wasn't allowed. He was 35 I think. I got his guitar. I want to bring it up with people, that I want to hear about their past. Important things that made them who they are. I don't know about Viv on the Wagon Trail really. What did Matt do in Australia? What was Sarah's life like when Pat was still "a baby?" Abby J. still has stories to tell about Delaware. I'm sure she wouldn't want to talk about it, but Nicki and Scott? Erik is quite mysterious as well. What was Trisha like as a bitty baby? Adorable and not so angry?

No comments: